It is fair to say that our club has been through an emotional wringer of recent times. The club’s future direction development plan has meant a few changes in how we have gone about a variety of things, processes and procedures as a result of being a fully independent club.
It was financial suicide to continue to run events at a loss, and in essence a struggle to keep the club financially afloat. You as a club, spoke and we listened to what you wanted.
As part of our ongoing improvement, the club has looked at its first quarter results as an indication of how we are traveling so to speak.
The club is in the best financial position it has been in for over 18 months. Without going into the nitty gritty details (members are welcome to attend club meetings for a full disclosure) we can report:
- our membership has increased to now over 150 members -doubling our 2017 results.
- our club events are receiving the best rider numbers in two years,
- and important to note that our research has identified how our demographics have changed.
- our club has more non-licenced members than licenced members.
- the membership includes members who disappeared off the radar over the last 2-3 years to return to riding
- We have a 42% increase in new members who have previously ridden in the bush and have taken advantage of a safe and controlled environment at an affordable price.
- members are happier that the club has become far more affordable
The AJS club and committee will continue to put the needs of the membership first and foremost, and to do so we need your input, but in the right way as per our club constitution. Please feel free to attend a club meeting to have your say and have your input officially recorded so the club is able to act.
Come ride and race with AJS in 2K18 and beyond.